Monday, August 29, 2011

a bee bottle and a party

Good Morning!
I have an altered bottle and a birthday party to show you today.

So, do you like my new blog design? I love it. I felt like I needed a blog over haul so I contacted Karen at Karen Valentine Design and told her what I was looking for and she came through like a dream! She used one of my pages from my fleur de lis album as her starting point and added the soft colors that I love and irises, of course :) I'm so glad I found Karen, no way I could have managed this on my own!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, for my bottle. The plastic bottle is a Watkin's dish detergent bottle. Watkins products have been around forever and their packaging is the old timey vintage that I love. I wanted to try my hand at an old vintage label, so, I used my Crafty Secrets Queen Bee stamp set along with the French Mail set and made a new label for a honey bottle.

I did my stamping with Ranger Distress Black Soot and Vintage Photo inks and my distressing with Antique Linen and a blending tool. I used Copic markers for my coloring in G82, W1, E23, YR21, B95. I colored my seam binding with Distress Stains in Antique Linen, Broken China and Wild Honey. I added Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the bees wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are pictures of my granddaughter Sonny's birthday party, she's a whole 1 year old now! She had to be stripped for the cake eating, LOL!

She wasn't happy here because someone got into her cake!

Here's big brother sneaking a cupcake.

Here they are at the pool. This is Jr. and his buddy, all the little ones at the party belong to Dustin's friends he grew up with, Kyle, Tyrel and John.
Here's Sonny after her cake bath opening her gifts.

Taking a break for sun screen.

Here's Sonny and Kyle's oldest in the sand box turned kittie pool.
Sonny and Dustin getting ready for cake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great week, thanks for stopping by!
Smiley from millan.net

7 comments:

m. elizondo said...

Pam, I love your new blog design. Between you and Karen Valentine Design, you did a great job! Oh, and I really like the Bee Bottle. Best of wishes with your new blog. p.s. Your Grandbabies are precious.

Barb said...

Your blog is a pleasure to visit. Your design and colors are so easy on the eye and very pleasurable.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, I love this little bottle. That bee image is fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

Your blog looks great and so does your label, so cool!!
Your granddaughter looks like she really enjoyed her cake, how cute!

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Pam,
Thanks so much for the shout out!! I'm so happy you love your new blog design. :) Your bottle did indeed turn out fabulous!! Have an awesome week.
xo,
Karen

Anonymous said...

I need to say, I had just signed up to get your blog and like the next day, it changed and I thought I had the wrong blog. It is so beautiful and the colors are wonderful. Love the pics and that stamp set you used on the bottle is on my must have list as soon as I can afford it!

NancyB said...

I love the new look - very pretty. Your bottle is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the instructions -lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...